1. Thank you for taking some time to be interviewed for the Super Happy Death Cult webzine. Can you please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us a little bit about what you do.
I’m hxrman and I make hits
2. When did you get started? And how did the name come together?
I spent about 2 years putting music put under the name “oosh nugs” got about 12 mixtapes out before I decided to start taking shit seriously.
I gotta New birth certificate in the mail last year and found out my last name is Herman, smacked an x in there for search optimization and became hxrman.
Thought I might as well keep it real lmao.
3. Did you mess with any other genres or forms of music before getting into hip-hop and rap?
Yuh, spent most my life in or recording hardcore bands, that’s how I got my foundation for computer recording/producing. I’d just record everything myself and program drums then give my band sheet music to learn hahaha
4. Who gets bragging rights for helping you get to where you are now?
My main boy Doni Moines from 9th life, they had my back since the first OOSH NUGS tape and keep clothes on my back. My dude Taskone, he’s shot and directed every music video apart from the sucker video. Swag Toof for always showing love, Trillphonk and Hauntxr for the mad support, and the homie iceberg black for being the goat.
5. If you could go on tour with anybody, who would the roster consist of? What would be your dream tour?
Fuck that’s a hard one. I reckon a tour with buffet boys would be fun as Fuck. Especially if I got to fight people on stage.
I’d love to see lil yachty live, a tour with him and famous Dex and some of the QC artists would be a dream come true.
6. Where there any significant obstacles or hard times that you had to overcome to get here today? What was the darkest moment in your personal come up?
Just battling the small minded shit haha. When I first started putting out a lot of content, my main haters were this right wing hate group from my hometown, so that was kind of cool. Neo nazi douchebags. I’m Jewish as Fuck, and pretty outward about it, and they also really didn’t like the fact I was in an interracial relationship at the time. For some reason, this had something to do with my music lol.
7. Are there any important video or music releases you have coming out soon that we should know about?
I got a brand new EP called YOUSTUPIDCUNT that should be out in the next month. I produced the whole thing myself, but I’m at the point now where I’m ready to scrap it so I’m handing it over to my homie hollow to bless it with new beats and make me happy with it
8. Any upcoming shows you want to plug? (Don’t forget your city and state and possible links)
Me and 9th life just in the process of booking a new Zealand tour at the moment so stay tuned on that!
9. Where can my readers stream your music and what site is best if they want to follow you? Where are you most active?
I’m most active on Soundcloud but I’m also most up to date on sc, meaning nothing’s permanent and I delete shit all the time, for more permanence, hit up spotify
Or search hxrman on youtube!
10. As we wrap this up, is there anything else you would like to include for our readers. Anything important i missed
I just fucked your sister